The Caister Festival of Basketball Rules
- Games will be 12 minutes each way.
- 4 individual fouls and 7 team fouls.
- Only one time out per half.
- In the event of a tie, there will be a sudden death shoot out. The order of shooting to be decided by the toss of a coin, e.g. free throws to be taken by the players still eligible to play in the game - the first player to miss of each pair will lose.
- Half time will be 3 minutes only.
2. Start Times
Teams are to be on court and ready to start on the appointed time. Ten minutes later the game will start. Teams that do not show will forfeit the game.
All disputes may be registered within 20 minutes to the Court Manager on completion of the game, accompanied by a £20.00 fee. The fee will be returned only if the appeal is upheld. The Court Manager is to inform Tournament Director.
A player/coach disqualified in a game will be automatically suspended for the next game that the team plays in. In such cases the player/coach could be expelled from the tournament, asked to leave the Summerfields Holiday Camp, and reported to England Basketball for possible further action. The Court Manager is to inform the Tournament Director.
- Teams and players must be registered with England Basketball before 31st December 2012. Club registration cards or proof of affiliation must be available on request.
- Each team may play a maximum of 2 players who have played in either the Basketball League or Men's and Women's Division 1 of the National League or Division 2 of the Men's NBL. No Foreign Basketball League or Foreign National League players, who hold current licenses i.e. season 2013-2014, are permitted to play.
- Only residents at the Summerfields Holiday Camp are permitted to play. N.B. Only players listed on the booking form sent to The Caister Festival of Basketball.
- A minimum of 8 is required to enter a team, which needs to include your table official and referee.
- Any team found playing an ineligible player will be disqualified from the tournament and sent home.
6. Officials - Each team is to provide one referee who has been nominated on the entry form
The referee must be qualified to at least England Basketball grade II. If Caister Festival of Basketball supply a referee, a charge of £150.00 will be levied. The referee is to officiate as directed by the tournament director. (Qualifications will be checked against England Basketball master list). Providing the above criteria are met, the referee may play in the tournament. The referee must referee the game before the team's match. Failure to meet these commitments will result in the team being fined £20 and/or points and the Referee barred from playing the next game.
EACH TEAM is to provide one table official to officiate at teams own game. Where the Table Official is a player, the same official must stay on the table for the whole game. NO TABLE OFFICIAL, NO GAME. Referees to present their credentials to the Tournament Director on Registration.
7. Playing Uniforms
Each team is to bring two contrasting playing uniforms. In the event of a clash, the first named team shall change uniform. Please ensure that this rule is noted.
8. Match Balls / Practice Balls
These must be provided by teams.
9. Table Equipment
This will be supplied by the organisers.
Black soled shoes are not permitted on the playing surfaces.
Registration will take place at Caister on Friday 26th April 2013 between 4:00pm and 8:00pm unless by prior arrangement.
12. Unauthorised Guests
If anyone is found living with the team on the Caister Holiday site who is not registered or on the booking form, then they will be removed from the camp and the team concerned will be DISQUALIFIED. Identity cards will be issued to all those registered for entry to the entertainment etc.
There will be no dispensations to the above rules unless in writing by the Tournament Committee before the event. This will only be given in exceptional circumstances.
14. ALL TEAMS MUST BE AVAILABLE TO PLAY ON THE FRIDAY EVENING IF REQUIRED.
15. ALL REFEREES MUST BE AVAILABLE TO REFEREE ON THE FRIDAY EVENING IF REQUIRED.
16. Anti-social Behaviour
Any persons found causing a disturbance or any damage during the weekend will be disqualified from the festival.
17. Game Commitment
If a team fails to play a game in the pool games or play offs that team will have broken its contract with the Caister Festival of Basketball. The team will be then removed from both the draw and Holiday Centre.
18. THE DECISION OF THE TOURNAMENT COMMITTEE IS FINAL.